Or call 01942 230 292
for further information now.
PTLLS and CTLLS
A new qualifications for teachers in the Lifelong Learning Sector were introduced from September 2007. Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) is the new minimum requirement for people who wish to teach in post-16 education. PTLLS is the first step to a full teacher qualification (QTLS).
The qualification provides an entry point and introduction for those new to teaching and training or those wishing to teach or train. It is the qualification for those seeking a 'stepping stone' to qualifications that entitle them to teach in the sector in either an 'Associate Teacher' or 'Full Teacher' role. It provides progression to the Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS), for those seeking Associate Teacher status, and the Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS), for those seeking 'Full Teacher' QTLS status. The Award will equip a wide range of teachers and facilitators with what the Sector Skills Council, LLUK, has termed 'a threshold licence to teach'.
The qualification is designed to enable candidates to:
- adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of teaching
- reflect on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and areas for development
- identify principles of learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation
- develop confidence, communication and inter-personal skills
- develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities.